Easy Pepper Steak a stir-fried Chinese American dish of sliced beef steak cooked with sliced green and red bell peppers mixed with soy sauce and ginger, and thickened with cornstarch.
Share This RecipeYum
- 1 pound beef such as round steak, cut up and fat removed
- 1 medium green and red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch squares
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger (or ground ginger)
- Place beef in non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. Add water or stock to braise. Do not allow to dry out, but use minimum liquid. Cook until all sides are brown.
- Add peppers and onion; cook about 1 minute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in soy sauce and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute or until hot. May serve over noodles or rice.