Easy Pepper Steak a stir-fried Chinese American dish of sliced beef steak cooked with sliced green and red bell peppers mixed with soy sauce and ginger, and thickened with cornstarch.
Share This RecipeYum
Also pairs well with Parmesan Asparagus or Garlicky Roasted Broccoli.
- 1 pound beef such as round steak, cut up and fat removed
- 1 medium green and red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch squares
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger (or ground ginger)
- Place beef in non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. Add water or stock to braise. Do not allow to dry out, but use minimum liquid. Cook until all sides are brown.
- Add peppers and onion; cook about 1 minute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in soy sauce and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute or until hot. May serve over noodles or rice.