Best Mustard Ever
Share This RecipeYum
National Mustard Day is celebrated annually at the National Mustard Museum on the first Saturday in August. This is a fun-filled day for the whole family and has traditionally included free hot dogs as well as music, games, other entertainment, free mustard sampling, and more. The Mustard Museum has been the official sponsor of this event since 1991.
Add some mustard to your favorite meals today. Post photos on social media using #NationalMustardDay
- 1/4 cup dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mustard seed
- In a small, microwave-proof bowl whisk together the dry mustard, brown sugar, salt, turmeric, paprika and garlic powder. In a separate container, combine the pickle juice, water and cider vinegar and have standing by.
- Place the mustard seed into a spice grinder and grind for a minimum of 1 minute, stopping to pulse occasionally. Once ground, immediately add the mustard to the bowl with the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Place the bowl into the microwave and heat on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and puree with a stick blender for 1 minute.
- Pour into a glass jar or container and allow to cool uncovered. Once cool, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.