Cabbage Soup is a zesty, diabetic friendly recipe.
Share This RecipeYum
Need more diabetic recipes? Get great recipes for diabetics for your next meal. Discover diabetes-friendly recipes for dinner, desserts, snacks and much more. Not all low-carb, low-sugar meals have to be tasteless. Check out this collection of recipes to find a dish perfect for every course.
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Coat a soup pot with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onions until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, process tomatoes in blender or food processor about 30 seconds.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, and water into pot with onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes. Stir in cabbage and brown sugar. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Calories 61
- Calories from Fat 1.9
- Total Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.1g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 285mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %