Cantaloupe Sherbet delivers a refreshing summertime dessert and captures the absolute essence of melon.
Share This RecipeYum
This diabetic - friendly creamy Cantaloupe Sherbet delivers a refreshing summertime dessert and captures the absolute essence of melon. This melon sherbet recipe is all-natural, and refreshing. You won't need an ice cream machine to make this light, creamy, delicious sherbet. It's a cool way to have some fresh fruit on a hot summer day.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled and finely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1/3 cup "measures-like-sugar" calorie-free sweetener
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) carton vanilla fat-free yogurt sweetened with aspartame
- Cantaloupe wedge (optional)
- Combine cantaloupe, sweetener, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 4 minutes. Add to cantaloupe mixture, stirring well. Add yogurt, stirring until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square pan; freeze until almost firm.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Spoon mixture back into pan; freeze until firm.
- Scoop into 5 individual serving dishes to serve. Garnish each serving with a cantaloupe wedge, if desired.