Harvest Pumpkin Soup
Share This RecipeYum
This pumpkin soup is yummy, creamy, and so velvety-smooth, you won't believe it. This easy pumpkin soup can be made with canned or homemade pumpkin puree. This classic pumpkin soup recipe is low-fat! /p>
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, and sauté for 5 minutes or until clear.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After the soup has cooled, transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth or use an immersion blender in the pot and blend until smooth.
- MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure to purchase gluten-free chicken broth and verify all other ingredients are gluten-free and this dish can be gluten-free.