Pineapple Ice Cream is a diabetic appropriate recipe.
Share This RecipeYum
It takes just a few minutes to make this naturally sweet, frozen dessert in either a food processor or a blender. Enjoy it alone, or top with fresh fruit and toasted coconut.
Check out these other JUICY Pineapple Recipes and get more ideas on how to add more pineapple to your diet.
Read more about the 19 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Pineapple .
- 1 16-ounce package frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks or 1 large mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- Process pineapple, mango and lemon (or lime) juice in a food processor until smooth and creamy. (If using frozen mango, you may have to add up to ¼ cup water.) For the best texture, serve immediately.
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Per serving: 55 calories; 0 g fat(0 g sat); 2 g fiber; 14 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 26 mcg folate; 0 cholesterol; 11 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 342 IU vitamin A; 47 mg vitamin C; 13 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 1 mg sodium; 131 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (78% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 fruit