A Diabetic Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe. Throw everything in and forget about it.
Share This RecipeYum
Need more diabetic recipes? Get great recipes for diabetics for your next meal. Discover diabetes-friendly recipes for dinner, desserts, snacks and much more. Not all low-carb, low-sugar meals have to be tasteless. Check out this collection of recipes to find a dish perfect for every course.
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the joint of each leg quarter to separate into two pieces. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; pour into a measuring cup to measure 2 cups. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
- 1 serving: 179 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.